Interview questions for IT job
Information Technology is basically part of technology and modernization.Whenever candidates go for an interview IT job, they must keep some important aspects in mind.
The field of Information technology is speedily rising and many individuals are choosing careers in the IT industry. Therefore, candidates must be prepared suitably to get jobs.
When candidates are going for an interview for an Information Technology (IT) job, they will be asked more focused and specific technical questions about their education, skills, certifications, languages and tools they have capability in.
The IT interview reflects the following features:
- In what way you keep yourself updated with technology, considering that technology today is enhanced almost every day?
- What kind of attitudes do you find it difficult to work with? How do you handle people with the particular attitude?
- How did you prepare for this job interview?
- In your previous job, did you handle a team? If yes, could you tell us of an example when you coordinated your team with the client in a successful manner?
- We expect our managers to work more than eight hours a day, how flexible are you with your work hours?
- What is the time period since when you have been looking for a job, or how long have you been looking for a job now?
- Can you share with us the most satisfying moments in your professional life?
- What are your financial expectations from the job?
Questions About candidates and their Skills for Job:
- What interests you about this position?
- What are your technical certifications?
- What do you do to maintain your technical certifications?
- What automated-build tools or processes have you used?
- What development tools have you used?
- What languages have you programmed in?
- What source control tools have you used?
- What technical websites do you follow?
- Describe a time when you were able to improve upon the design that was originally suggested.
- Describe the most innovative change that you have initiated and what you did to implement this change.
- Given this problem (problem is based upon job requirements), what solution would you provide. Explain your thought process.
- How do you handle multiple deadlines?
- How do you keep current on this industry?
- How do you troubleshoot IT issues?
- Tell me about the most recent project you worked on. What were your responsibilities?
- Tell me about the project you are most proud of, and what your contribution was.
- Give an example of where you have applied your technical knowledge in a practical way.
- What is the major IT challenge you have faced and how did you manage it?
Interviewer ask some general knowledge questions: For a person working in the IT industry, a plenty of general knowledge is important. It allows one to quickly employ possible solutions and improvements, providing enhancements whenever possible.
Typical interview questions are as under:
- Have you planned and implemented additions and significant modifications to your company's IT infrastructure? Describe your role.
- Tell us about any procedures you have implemented to improve network security or in other areas.
- Describe your methods used to build and maintain subcontractor and vendors relationships and to manage the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Have you developed a disaster recovery/alternative plan to guarantee continuous availability of computer systems throughout the Corporation?
- Have you developed an IT security policy?
- Describe the hands-on support and training program you used to ensure cross company utilization of computing infrastructure.
- Have you been responsible for the budget of the IT systems of the company? Tell us how you monitored costs, business plan and cash flow.
Questions about the Job and the Company:
- Describe the skills which qualify you for this job.
- Do you prefer to manage people or ideas?
- Describe your production deployment process.
- From the description of this position what do you think you will be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Have you worked with software vendors? How do you handle vendor relations?
- How important is it to work directly with your business users?
- How would you rate your key competencies for this job?
- If hired, is there anything you would change about this IT team?
- What challenges do you think you might expect in this job if you were hired?
- What companies do you see as the biggest competitors to this company?
In a technical interview, interviewer asks questions to candidates that are related to specific knowledge about the company's technical activities, understanding the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for, related to work completed as part of a degree course, enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
Some common technical questions are as under:
- Compare and contrast REST and SOAP web services.
- Define authentication and authorization and the tools that are used to support them in enterprise deployments.
- Describe the difference between optimistic and pessimistic locking.
- Describe the elements of an in tier architecture and their appropriate use.
- Have you used Eclipse?
- Have you used Visual Studio?
- How did you manage source control?
- How much (what percentage) of your time do you spend unit testing?
- How much reuse do you get out of the code that you develop, and how?
- If you know you aren't going to make a project deadline what will you tell your manager and/or the client?
- In databases, what is the difference between a delete statement and a truncate statement?
- In network security, what is a honey pot, and why is it used?
- What are the most important database performance metrics, and how do you monitor them?
- What are transaction logs, and how are they used?
- What did you do to ensure quality in your deliverables?
- What do you consider documentation and why is it important?
- What do you do to ensure you provide accurate project estimates?
- What do you expect in the solution documents you are provided?
- What elements are necessary for a successful team and why?
- What have you done to ensure consistency across unit, quality, and production environments?
- What is a cross site scripting attack, and how do you defend against it?
- What is a SAN, and how is it used?
- What is clustering, and describe its use.
- What is ETL and when should it be used?
- What is most important - quality or quantity?
- What is structure?
- What is the difference between OLAP and OLTP? When is each used?
- What is the role of continuous integration systems in the automated-build process?
- What is the role of SMNP?
- What is the role of the DMZ in network architecture? How do you enforce relational integrity in database design?
- When is it appropriate to denormalize database design?
- When is the last time you downloaded a utility from the internet to make your work more productive, and what was it?
- Which do you prefer; service oriented or batch oriented solutions?
Answering IT questions:
When candidates reply to technical and other questions, the answers should reveal the fact that they are a well experienced and have thorough knowledge about the technical post that they have applied.
While appearing in interview for IT jobs, candidates can carry documentation of any project that they have worked for. This will give the interviewer a better idea about their capabilities and talents. However, the basic principle of IT interview questions is to search for appropriate candidate who is technically proficient as well as professionally good to get along. Interviewer also seek a managerial attitude in candidates.
- Architecture and Engineering
- Arts and Media
- Banking and Insurance
- BPO and KPO
- Business Management
- Content and Journalist
- Film Industry
- Hardware and Networking
- Homebased Jobs
- Hotel Industry
- Interior Design
- Marketing and Sales
- Nonprofit Sector
- Skilled Trade Craft
- Technical Support
- Webdesign and Development
- Jobs in abudhabi
- Jobs in afghanistan
- Jobs in albania
- Jobs in algeria
- Jobs in american-samoa
- Jobs in andorra
- Jobs in angola
- Jobs in anguilla
- Jobs in antigua-and-barbuda
- Jobs in argentina
- Jobs in armenia
- Jobs in australia
- Jobs in bahamas
- Jobs in belgium
- Jobs in brazil
- Jobs in canada
- Jobs in chile
- Jobs in china
- Jobs in colombia
- Jobs in czechrepublic
- Jobs in denmark
- Jobs in dubai
- Jobs in ecuador
- Jobs in egypt
- Jobs in finland
- Jobs in france
- Jobs in germany
- Jobs in greece
- Jobs in hongkong
- Jobs in india
- Jobs in ireland
- Jobs in israel
- Jobs in italy
- Jobs in japan
- Jobs in lithuania
- Jobs in malaysia
- Jobs in mexico
- Jobs in netherlands
- Jobs in newzealand
- Jobs in norway
- Jobs in pakistan
- Jobs in paraguay
- Jobs in peru
- Jobs in philippines
- Jobs in poland
- Jobs in portugal
- Jobs in russia
- Jobs in singapore
- Jobs in southafrica
- Jobs in spain
- Jobs in switzerland
- Jobs in uk
- Jobs in uruguay
- Jobs in us
- Jobs in venezuela